Non Omnis Moriar

You are not currently logged into your NOM forum account. Please click log in to continue viewing the forums.

Thank you,
NOM Support

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Non Omnis Moriar

You are not currently logged into your NOM forum account. Please click log in to continue viewing the forums.

Thank you,
NOM Support

Non Omnis Moriar

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Logging in, logging out, and loot

Bulvious
    Bulvious

Logging in, logging out, and loot Empty Logging in, logging out, and loot

Post by Bulvious Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:19 pm

I'd like to start off saying that I'm not angry about anything. I love PVPing with you guys, I just feel we could be more successful. It is just a game, but everyone has more fun when they are winning - and I think we can win even more often than we do. I personally feel like we are a very successful clan in the way of fighting other people and coming out on top filling up our GI's. But that doesn't mean we can't do even better, and so that's why I bring this up here for discussion.

Logging in, logging out, and loot are probably the three biggest things we could be doing better in my mind. We don't usually get wiped if we get out of the spawns, and people don't usually lose stuff if we don't log out poorly, and there is way too much chatter about gear in the midst of PvP.

An example:

Tonight, two people logged into a server, saw eight people next to them in the spawn. Everyone else figured the best idea would be to stay out of the server, the two already in the server said we could take them. What proceeded to happen was that those two guys died and lost their items, as with a few other people. Not only did we not wipe the spawn campers, but we didn't come out in the green for gear either.
    Two things could have happened:
    The two people in the server could have logged off immediately, and a new server could have been chosen.

or, everyone could have logged in immediately in order to best combat the people at spawn.

Several other problems come into play, like why two people logged in ahead of everyone else or why everyone else didn't log in when the server was called, but what followed was just as bad, I think. What's most ideal here? To me, it seems with the highest priority being safety (for most that I've seen), the logical thing to do would have been to leave the server before spawn protection ran out.

We have just as big of a problem logging out. Often people log before the whole group is ready, and sometimes people log out because they have far more to risk in the way of items than the possible reward. What ends up happening is a couple people might get left in bad situations on the server, perhaps running to previous player calls or coming back from them. Sometimes, people die and the entire team leaves, leaving that player's loot behind.

I'll use a personal example:

We had just killed a crew, and Sheppard was moving up to a tree to retrieve gear. At this point, people were already logging out but I went up with him to be sure he could get his things safely. He got his things, and then I died. He cleared the guy off of my body and our entire group called to log out. My stuff was still on the ground and (I believe) exavenged attempted to retrieve it. He died also, and his stuff was also left behind. People logged out either because they were afraid of being left behind, or people had gained a lot of loot from the fight, I don't know everyone's personal reason for logging, but we didn't do it together, and people lost out and lose out because we do that.

I feel like the above are the two biggest ways we lose loot. Bad calls during logging in, and bad calls during the time we log out. In both cases people get left behind or left out to dry.

As far as loot, it's sort of just in addition to the other problems. Sometimes we just get too much chatter from people wanting their loot back after they die. If we have three people down, and everyone wants their loot back, often there's three discussions going on between six people about what to do while people are fighting. This severely inhibits player calling and a good PVP mindset. But it's not just about people dying and losing their loot, but the 'your kill your loot system'. I'm not saying it's a bad system, but it sort of adds to the 'every man for himself' mindset that we carry the majority of the time as a group. Everyone wants loot and no one wants to lose loot, but it's something I feel could be balanced more. I personally don't have any suggestions but I offer it up for your consideration.

Appreciate anyone who reads and responds, especially our leadership.
    Broscience
    Admin

Logging in, logging out, and loot Empty Re: Logging in, logging out, and loot

Post by Broscience Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:33 pm

+1

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:05 am